So, after a few weeks of low-grade sickness and total lethargy, I finally got around to dragging myself to the doctor this week. And…I have mono! Perfect, a college student’s worst nightmare – several weeks of debilitating illness right before finals. Actually, strangely enough, I’ve felt a lot better ever since my diagnosis. At least now I know that there’s actually something wrong with me, so I’ve given myself permission to rest and I’ve actually had more energy. The doctor said that I’ve probably already had it for a few weeks, so the worst is most likely over. I’ve actually started spinning again, I have 2 new yarns that just need to be photographed and one half finished on my spindle.
Since I’m sick, I’ve made up a list of everything I need to feel better:
1. A good book – I’m currently reading Alias Grace and The Age of Innocence.
2. A super soft blanket to snuggle on the couch with. This one by eblankies looks very cozy.
3. Lots of minestrone soup and hot chocolate with marshmallows.
4. Lip balm. I don’t know why, but for some reason I seem to go through it twice as fast when I’m sick!
This stuff by spacemonkey looks super yummy!
5. Movies!! What could be better than hanging out on the couch and spinning while watching Marie Antoinette and Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy? Hmmm…I’m pretty sure the answer is nothing!
6. Knitting. I’m currently working on a blanket to give to my mom for Christmas.
Wish me luck in getting better, and have a wonderful weekend!